commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <sma...@lfjr.net>
Subject Re: [collections] InvokerClosure
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 01:25:51 GMT
Chris Lambrou wrote:

> On the other hand, if you're simply talking about borrowing some of the
> 1.5 syntax, particularly the new for loop constructs, and somehow using
> it in collections, are you really proposing the use of a source
> preprocessing stage as part of the collections build process, simply to
> allow this syntactic nicety?  If so, I don't think that its a goer - it
> might break the development process of too many users of collections,
> particularly with regard to IDE integration.  For example, anyone who's
> defined a collections library in IDEA, that refers to both the
> collections .zip source file and the binary jar file, would find that
> their ability to step into the collections source during debugging will
> have been screwed up.

I just digressed with a general suggestion, this was not specificaly
targeted to [collections]. The idea is to use only the basic 1.5 syntax
(foreach, autoboxing, varargs), not the new features such as
annotations, enumerations, etc.

What prevents the debugging of a library 1.3 compatible with a 1.5
source ? The line numbers don't match ?

Emmanuel Bourg