commons-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Lambrou <m...@chrislambrou.com>
Subject Re: [collections] InvokerClosure
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 21:47:47 GMT
Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

> Also the Class[] and Object[] are quite cumbersome, that would be nice
> to add methods/constructors to invoke simple methods with only one or
> two parameters. Thus my example could look like this:
>
> CollectionUtils.forAllDo(configList, new
> InvokerClosure("clearProperty", String.class, key));
>
> which is much more readable.
>
> What do you think ?

I think that we could go further.  How about being able to write the
following?

new InvokerClosure("clearProperty", key);

Since we've already sacrificed type-safety and runtime performance by
using reflection, why not go a little further with this and use some
algorithm to infer the most appropriate method to invoke at runtime. If
there's ambiguity over which method to invoke at runtime, just have the
InvokerClosure throw a FunctorException.

Chris