commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Test generation
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 10:43:42 GMT
Corey

I'd be interested in what ideas you have for test generation. I've a
few bits I'd like maven test plugin todo that perhaps it cant, such as
being able on configure fixtures in maven.xml , but I haven't got as
far as seeing how I could achieve this.

An xdoclet approach i fear would bloat non test code out with xdoclet comments.

I assume you'd like to be able to define the test class to be
subclassed and perhaps some of the default tests that are generated
e.g. Struts test case.

I'd really like to find a maven configable way for defining fixtures
for spring, so the db is setup cleanly on each setup, and removed on
each teardown.

Like i say I'm short of ideas at the moment, but I'd certainlty like
to hear your thoughts.

Mark