commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jakarta Commons Structure rehashed
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2004 18:34:22 GMT
On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 00:00:20 +1300, Simon Kitching
<s_kitching@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> svn 1.1 (released 2004-09-29) supports "symbolic links". Perhaps that
> would resolve the issue by allowing us to (manually) build an
> alternative directory containing just symbolic links to the "trunk"
> directory of each subproject? Of course whenever a new subproject was
> created, a symbolic link would need to be manually added - but that is
> no great problem. Possibly that could even be automated; I'm willing to
> try to get that working.
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon

Cool. I knew such a feature was in the planning but hadn't realised it
was out yet. I'm +1 on option A + sym-links or script depending on
which feels best.

As long as there's a simple way to check out the head of all of commons :)

What about the sandbox? I think earlier suggestions included it but
Tim's latest didn't.

Hen