commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Clean up old modules from sandbox?
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:38:06 GMT
We should also look at killing the messenger component. As far as I
know its development has moved to Codehaus (though it's unreleased
there so you have to dig). I suspect it's dead here.

Hen

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:46:38 +0100, Oliver Zeigermann
<oliver.zeigermann@gmail.com> wrote:
> I already deleted transaction, but left docs that redirect to commons
> transaction in the proper section and a "MOVED TO COMMONS PROPER"
> file. I thought this would be cleaner, but have no real objections
> against removing it completely.
>
> Oliver
>

> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:34:20 +0000, Rory Winston <rwinston@eircom.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was browsing through the commons-sandbox repository on cvs.apache.org and it seems
that there are a lot of unused and redundant entries in there that should probably be removed,
e.g. uid, chain (now promoted), transaction (promoted), codec (ditto), daemon, etc.

> > Does anyone think it might be worthwhile removing these from CVS entirely, and doing
a sort of "xmas cleanout" of these old modules?