commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ALL][VFS] Third party java library.
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 21:29:02 GMT
My head hurts, reading this stuff is evil :)

Very little of the license applies directly to whether we're allowed
to use it; basically seems:

If it's an "Early Access Product", then no, we can't use it.
If it's a "Developer Product", then yes we can import it, distribute
it inside a larger product, but cannot have their product in CVS,
iBiblio etc. So exactly the same as Sun's, though the Early Access bit
is something to watch out for.

The rest is mostly the same as Sun's. Lots of corporate garbage etc.
Let's go ahead and treat it the same as javamail if and only if it's a
"Developer Product", and I'll let the board/licensing know that we're
treating it as such and to let us know if this is bad.

Hen