commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ALL][VFS] Third party java library.
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 14:27:14 GMT
Definitely not going to be sufficient if you imagine that it's a GPL
license. Even with the author's permission to have it on iBiblio, we'd
still not be able to import it into our code.

So finding out the licence is going to be essential. Given Novell's
aquisitions, I imagine they'd be pretty open licence-wise, but it
could be GPL or have viral attachments of some kind that we'd be
passing on to our users.

So first step is, ask them what the licence is. Then we'll figure out
what to do from there.

Hen