commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SERVLET] Code submission
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 00:43:33 GMT
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 02:07:36 -0500, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
> Servlet's basically been inactive for a couple of years as there just
> wasn't enough there to warrant a component. 2 methods in fact :)
>
> When we broke up the [util] project (lang, io, codec, various others
> were all spawned), the code was filed under servlet and left until
> more could join it.
>
> I'm happily +1 for your code to be added, but I suspect it would just
> linger. We tend not to release code without unit tests, and I know
> that I personally don't have any great itch to dig out a mock-servlet
> implementation to get the methods tested.

My thought in suggesting this to Frank was that we might breathe life
into the servlet component. ;-) As for mock objects, they already
exist in the FileUpload component, and are used for its unit tests. I
suspect HttpClient might have something too. Hmm, maybe that's fertile
ground for a sandbox component, collecting the various testing bits
and pieces from different components...

--
Martin Cooper