commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [io] Filename case sensitive comparisons
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 20:01:00 GMT
On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 19:41:38 -0000, Stephen Colebourne
<scolebourne@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> I have added various methods to compare two filenames
> - isExtension(filename)
> - equals(filename1, filename2)
> - equalsNormalized(filename1, filename2)
>
> These compare case sensitive on Unix and case insenstive on Windows. Is this
> OK with everyone?

Looks good to me. Would it be worthwhile to add a method that answers
the question "are these filenames the same, but different in case?"?
This wouldn't be useful on Unix, of course, but sometimes in Windows
you care about the case. (For example, in a web app, WEB-INF *must* be
in upper case.)

> I will fix the Wildcard method to do the same if no-one objects.

Fine with me.

--
Martin Cooper