commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Samaroo, Trevor J" <trevor.sama...@gs.com>
Subject [launcher] ordered system properties
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2004 19:31:58 GMT
Hello,

We had the need to order system properties passed into our program.  I
modified LaunchTask.java in order to accomplish this.

How can I contribute this 'feature'/codechange to the project?  I don't want
to diverge from the launcher codebase.

We need sysprops to be ordered for our application monitoring programs to
find our process correctly.  (we pass in -Dapp.id=aUniqueId and this must
exist as the first element in the command line.) Considering this change
makes a previously unordered sysprop list ordered, there shouldn't be any
impact on existing code.

Can someone (Patrick Luby?) from the commons-launcher project advise?

Regards,

Trevor Samaroo