commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: Jakarta Commons Structure rehashed
Date Sun, 19 Dec 2004 16:12:38 GMT
I may know nothing about SVN yet, but it would seem that we should treat
each component as relatively independent. Releases and versioning freqently
occur at that level. Needing to get the entire repository is a rare task.
Stephen
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim O'Brien" <tobrien@discursive.com>
To: "Jakarta Commons Developers List" <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2004 7:14 AM
Subject: RE: Jakarta Commons Structure rehashed

Agreed, we also don't want to go through the acrobatics of maintaining a
jakarta/commons/tags directory with hundreds of subdirectories.  Think
about just how many tags we have in commons and then contemplate a
single directory with every <component_name>-<tag> combination, that's
going to get silly very fast.  Likewise for branches.

Each component in commons proper is a component digester has a trunk, it
gets tagged, and branches independently of latka.