commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernard D'Have" <bdhav...@tiscali.be>
Subject RE: [OT] Test generation
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 05:41:03 GMT
Have a look at http://www.beust.com/testng/

Bernard

-----Original Message-----
From: Corey Scott [mailto:corey.scott@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 6:11 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: [OT] Test generation

A quick question for the collective brains trust.

I have been looking into test (and code) generation and have come to a
unexpected results.
1) JUnitDoclet appears to be the only (reasonable) opensource product around
2) commerical equiv are incredibly expensive
3) JUnitDoclet seems extremely like a decent tool, up to a point.  It seems
extremely limited and not terribly configurable (at least easily).  And
support for standard tests or standard layouts for common code structures
does not seem easy/available

This brings me to my questions:
1) Are the statements above correct?  It seems like I must have missed
something
2) Are their any OSS efforts around to produce an extended test generation
framework and maybe a repository of easily customizable tests?
3) If not, is anyone interesting in looking into the creation of such a
thing?

Regards,
Corey