commons-dev mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/chain/src/java/org/apache/commons/chain/web/servlet ChainProcessor.java ServletApplicationScopeMap.java ServletHeaderValuesMap.java ServletRequestScopeMap.java ServletSessionScopeMap.java
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 05:23:37 GMT
I'm a Maven newbie, but it's not obvious to me that the proposed
change will do what I think we need.  It sounds like this change
applies the overrides when you *generate* the build.xml file -- so the
overrides in effect will be for those of the person running the
generation.

In Commons, we've been having someone do the generation, and then
check in the generated build.xml file, so that Commons users who like
Ant can build the packages in the usual way.  In the generated
build.xml file, it would seem that the paths for <get> methods would
still be hard coded (either the default ones or the overrides for the
person who did the generation), wouldn't they?

Also, which version of Maven will include the fixes listed on this issue?

Craig