commons-dev mailing list archives

From Corey Scott <corey.sc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Promote Email to Commons Proper
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:59:09 GMT
Serge,

[Extract from the website http://quintanasoft.com/dumbster/]
The Dumbster is a very simple fake SMTP server designed for unit and
system testing applications that send email messages. It responds to
all standard SMTP commands but does not deliver messages to the user.
The messages are stored within the Dumbster for later extraction and
verification.

The Dumbster slots itself very easily into your testing strategy. As
long as your application talks to an email server using SMTP then the
Dumbster can be used to test the application with no code changes.
[End extract]

We have been using it to allow us to test send mails and do some
rudimentary verification of the sent mails in our jUnit tests.

Regards,
Corey