commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Chain 1.0
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:44:58 GMT
At 3:01 PM -0800 11/21/04, Martin Cooper wrote:
>I believe Chain is now sufficiently complete and stable to warrant
>an official 1.0 release. There are no outstanding bug reports, and
>the component is already in use in a number of projects.

Just now, running maven java:install-snapshot from CVS HEAD, I had
one test failure:

Testsuite: org.apache.commons.chain.impl.CatalogFactoryBaseTestCase
Tests run: 3, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 1.141 sec

Testcase:
testPristine(org.apache.commons.chain.impl.CatalogFactoryBaseTestCase):
	FAILED
null
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
	at
org.apache.commons.chain.impl.CatalogFactoryBaseTestCase.testPristine(CatalogFactoryBaseTestCase.java:107)
	at
	at

This is probably not critical, as it seems only to be a side effect
of the unpredictable order in which JUnit test cases are executed
when the suite is created by reflection-- it's not as pristine as the
test would have you believe.

This can be fixed by replacing the suite() method with this:

     public static Test suite() {
         TestSuite suite = new TestSuite();
         suite.addTest(new CatalogFactoryBaseTestCase("testPristine"));
         suite.addTest(new CatalogFactoryBaseTestCase("testDefaultCatalog"));
         suite.addTest(new CatalogFactoryBaseTestCase("testSpecificCatalog"));
         return suite;
     }

Still, it would be nice for the release itself to be "pristine" --
maybe someone can fix this before cutting the release?

Joe
--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com