commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject [email] preserve Ant build file? ( was RE: Steps prior to graduating from Sandbox)
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:49:54 GMT
The reason we set up an Ant build file in the first place was to take
advantage of Craig McClanahan's nightly builds script, which is based
on Ant.

So if we want to continue to have Craig's script generate nightly
builds, we need to maintain an Ant build file.  The original was
simply generated by 'maven ant'.

Joe

At 2:16 PM +0100 11/2/04, Eric Pugh wrote:
>Actually, I am leaning on the skip it side.  I have gone through a couple
>projects with more then one build system, and it is always heck..   The two
>systems are never kept up to date.   If all the currently interested folks
>are using Maven, and [email] is building in Gump under Maven, then lets
>ditch it.  Lots of other projects only support one or the other.
>
>Eric

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com
http://blog.germuska.com
"In fact, when I die, if I don't hear 'A Love Supreme,' I'll turn
back; I'll know I'm in the wrong place."
    - Carlos Santana