commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/configuration/src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration HierarchicalConfiguration.java
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:50:57 GMT

> I would like to add a save() method to HierarchicalXMLConfiguration (Bug
> 31130), and I have a solution for 31797 (optional configurations). For
> the latter documentation could be updated, too. Which other issues
> should be addresed? Maybe 30858, this could confuse users.
>
> There was recently a posting on the user list of somebody who got a NPE
> when loading a file based configuration and the specified file does not
> exist. I would like to check this; in this case a ConfigurationException
> should be thrown.
Agreed, missing files should throw ConfigurationException.  However, if we
add 31797, then it wouldn't.  I would like to see 31797 as I think it would
help the usability for lots of people.

I am not going to finish my JNDIConfiguration setProperty stuff, I got
screwed up in it and frustrated, so I ended up working around it.

Eric