commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject RE: [email] Steps prior to graduating from Sandbox
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 14:47:43 GMT
Alright, well, definitly based on that, we will keep the ant script.
However, it seems like we are constantly stumbling over Ant scripts not up
to date for Maven oriented projects.

I recall a couple times that the ant script for [configuration] didn't work.
I believe you may even have had fixed it a couple times?

At any rate, it seems like if Gump uses Maven, and the developers use Maven,
then the build tool should be an optional thing.  However, I guess that is a
conversation for commons as large.  To help faciliate promoting from
sandbox, we can keep the ant build.   It seems like a pain though.   as not
all the dependencies are online, we need to keep a /lib directory for non
online resources.  althogh, on second thought, having a /lib with the
javamail jars might be nice?

Eric