commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject RE: Bug report normalization
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:10:07 GMT
Adding more documentation would be nice for how to submit bugs.  There are
lots of unenforced rules in commons, like putting the component name in
emails.  While there are other ways that Emmanuel could have solved the
problem, at least now it is resolved.  And as we can see by the number of
"who manages bugzilla" that the ideas for changing templates etc will
probably remain just that, ideas.

While I was surprised by the 300 plus emails, I appreciate Emmanuel going in
and trying to clean up/ organize the bug tracker.  For me, it really
highlighted how MANY bugs we have.  It seems like while we are supposed to
take a collective ownership role over the various components, it seems like
we don't.  It looks, just judging by the number of open bugs, that quite a
few components have lost their champions.

Would this be a good time, now that quite a few components have been
promoted etc, to try and do some cleaning of house and fix the bugs?  Maybe
have each committer take a couple of issues and try and get them to a closed
status.  Either via "won't fix" or fixing them?

Maybe make next week "Bug Week" and someone (maybe me) could send out daily
stats on how we are doing?

Eric