commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <>
Subject RE: [logging] getName
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:10:51 GMT
Shapira, Yoav wrote on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 2:40 PM:

> Hi,
> I don't know the reason, but I'm curious as to your use-case:
> why do you need it?

Basically I have a special "named" logger hierarchy, i.e. I don't use class names there, since
I have the requirement that by examinating the logs you should be able to follow the transitions
of a document processed in my application. Each document belongs to a client and I should
be able to set individual log levels for the different clients. In this case I would like
to receive in my components an existing Log object, request its name and create a sublogger
for document related entries (in fact I have also one for jobs and more may come) and use
that logger.

- Jörg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: