commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [convert] Type Conversion Library
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:56:04 GMT
On 10 Nov 2004, at 22:46, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> This is a legal question, and most of us aren't very good at those ;-(
>
> I believe that if your new work is derived directly from the original
> source
> you gave to the ASF, and is not derived from any later additions made
> whilst
> part of [convert], then the code is still just yours to do as your
> wish. But
> IANAL.

this is also my understanding (again, though, IANAL). if this isn't
good enough for you, then probably general at jakarta would be a better
place to raise this issue. maybe a member or henri will be able to give
you a more definitive answer...

of course, the derived contributions are also be built on providing
that you abide by the terms of the ASL2.0 (which aren't very onerous).

- robert