commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigerm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Promote Transaction to Commons Proper
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:10:14 GMT
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:51:45 -0500, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 18 Nov 2004, at 16:09, Oliver Zeigermann wrote:
> >

> > > I guess at least the initial committers will need commons CVS karma:
> > > - luetzkendorf@apache.org
> > > - ozeigermann@apache.org
> > > - dflorey@apache.org
> > > - masonjm@apache.org
>
> You realise that you're the only one of these people who's actually
> made a change to transaction? :) Also, masonjm isn't a commons-sandbox
> committer. Will he need this at all before the migration to Commons?

The transaction code came from the Slide core some time ago where
among others both Daniel and Stefan added to it. The code was nearly
stable as it entered the sandbox and I mainly added docs and junit
tests. Even though I am the main guy they certainly will need commit
access as well as they are just as important. Without them I would
retreat my request for promotion.

James has not helped on the code but has later reviewed the
documentation (he is the only native English speaking guy in the
team). His suggestions have been incorporated by me directly (well not
all, yet ;). I do not think James will need need sandbox commit access
before the migration, but karma in commons proper would be beneficial.

Oliver