commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigerm...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Promote Transaction to Commons Proper
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:43:10 GMT
Folks,

as described in previous posts and inspired by the fine proposal for
email promotion I would like to see the transaction component

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/transaction/

promoted to commons proper.

The initial committers would be Stefan L├╝tzkendorf, James Mason,
Daniel Florey and me. AFAIK none of us is a committer in commons
proper so the promotion would include making as committers there.

We all are Jakarta Slide committers and this is where the component
came from. We factored out code for a transactional file system,
transactional maps (implementing Map interface) with different ACID
strategies, general purpose locks and a few more helper classes.

Junit tests exist for all parts and succeed:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/transaction/junit-report.html

Javadoc is pretty complete

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/transaction/apidocs/index.html

and general documentation and even a short tutorial for locks exist:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/transaction/locks/tutorial.html

The transaction component is stable enough to be released as a 1.0
soon after promotion and would initially be maintained by the
committers of the Slide community. Once promoted growth is anticipated
as even in the sandbox it attracted some attention.

As I am not a commons committer, I have no binding vote, but my
non-binding vote of course is +1.

Oliver