commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigerm...@gmail.com>
Subject [transaction] Promotion possible?
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 20:37:56 GMT
Folks,

I'd like to discuss the possibility of a promotion of the transaction
component from the sandbox.

The transaction component is stable and has proved its maturity in the
Slide project and also is maintained by the committers of the Slide
project.

>From other posts I have learned that the most important criteria for a
promotion are community and readiness for a 1.0.

While I'd say it is more than ready for a 1.0 release - docs and junit
tests are in place now - a healthy community apart from the Slide
project is yet to be created. However, many people have been
interested in the package, but had questions/reversavtions concerning
readiness of the code and the lack of an official release. Because of
this I would very much like to see an official release of the
transaction component soon. This would be great as well as Slide
relies on the component and its 2.1 release - which is in beta now -
would benefit from a 1.0 release as well.

Having said that, is it possible to promote the transaction component
soon and if not is it possible to get a release out inspite of it?

Thanks for your attention and cheers,

Oliver