commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Migrate to SVN?
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:15:35 GMT

Hi,
I feel the same as Senor Colebourne to a large extent.  Not -1, but not
a +1 either -- a true neutral 0 on this one.

When we do move, we need to make sure the relevant documentation for
potential contributors, e.g.
http://www.apache.org/dev/contributors.html, and all related pages which
currently only have CVS information, are updated to include SVN as well.
It's a higher barrier of entry unfortunately.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

CVS
>server. Effectively I'm -1, but I'm probably not going to fight.
>
>My main reason is that SVN does not appear to be that widely adopted
yet. A
>sign that the time has come to migrate would be when Eclipse/Idea ships
>with
>SVN support built in. At the moment, I fear we may just scare off some
>potential users/contributers.
>
>If we are moving though, I would want the pain all at once.
>
>Stephen

Can
>we

XML