commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: [all] (reprise) links to books (and similar resources)
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:44:05 GMT

Hi,

>> the reason why the consensus moved from direct linking from a
resources
>> page on the site was that it might appear too much like an official
>> recommendation which may cause frictions within the community.

FWIW, although I wasn't involved in this discussion (and certainly was
not part of "the consensus"), I disagree with the above.  As long as a
resources page clarifies that no endorsement or preference is being
made, and the same page is open to / inclusive of all relevant works, I
think that's fine.  It's like the vendors page off the Jakarta home
page.

If everyone else thinks otherwise, that's fine, but just know that if
such a consensus exists, it's at best limited to commons only, and does
not apply to Jakarta in general (and other Apache TLPs).

>> 1. use the wiki

Yup, the wiki is fine too.

Yoav