commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: [OT] Aren't we all fighting the same battles?
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 18:22:48 GMT

Hi,
The usual take on it is that the more options, the better.  If there are
standards, that's great, but a lot of people think standards hinder
creativity.  And if a product is really good it frequently becomes a
de-facto or actual.

So yeah, there are a lot of people doing similar work and reinventing
the same wheels.  That's not new, it's been the case for years.  It's
not specific to Java, it was the same (and still is in some areas) with
other languages.  It's not specific to the server-side, but applies to
the client-side as well.  It's not just open-source, it's $$$ software
as well.

And I don't think it's bad. ;)  And with that, a good weekend to all ;)

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com