commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject [all] (reprise) links to books (and similar resources)
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:37:27 GMT
a while we talked about the right way to tell users about books and so
on. IIRC henri volunteered to create an offshore sourceforge
documentation project (but i can't find it link anywhere). recently,
the question 'are there books covering digester?' has arising on the
user list so there still seems to be a genuine need. might be a good
time to think about addressing it :)

the reason why the consensus moved from direct linking from a resources
page on the site was that it might appear too much like an official
recommendation which may cause frictions within the community.

there are a couple of alternatives to this (which spring to my mind):

1. use the wiki
2. revive the idea of an offshore documentation project (probably at
sourceforge)

opinions?

- robert