commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Cleanup questions from importing email
Date Sun, 28 Nov 2004 23:40:04 GMT
Actually, I was asking earlier to have the permissions adjusted on the
/www/jakarta.apache.org/commons/email directory so I could update the
site generation. Steps for building the site are simple.

1.) checkout email
2.) checkout commons-build
3.) go into email and run `maven site:deploy`

Best to use maven on a *nix box or Eclipse for this using Maven in a DOS
  shell seems to never prompt the user for their ssh passwd.

There are dependencies in the xdocs/navigation.xml and your
project.properties on commons-build. Thats why you need them both present.

As far as building your distributions or running tests, its wise to have
maven do this. As well you can also generate a default build.xml ant
file to do these tasks if you use the `maven ant` task. The nice thing
is that the tasks in this generated build.xml work great with gump and
Craigs nightly build stuff.

-Mark

robert burrell donkin wrote:
> On 25 Nov 2004, at 18:32, Craig McClanahan wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:47:02 +0100, Eric Pugh
>> <epugh@opensourceconnections.com> wrote:
>

> <snip>
>
>>> 2) in jakarta-commons/BUILD_DOCS.txt are some instructions, but they
>>> appear
>>> to be just to build the main page, correct?  I think, but am not
>>> sure, that
>>> they are out of date, and have been replaced with just running "maven
>>> site"
>>> from commons-build?
>>>

>> I confess to being out of date on knowing the Commons website
>> generaton process, so someone else is going to have to deal with that
>> kind of question.
>

> BUILD_DOCS.txt seems very outdated. (i'll take a look at fixing it.)
>
> what i do is cd commons-build and type maven site:generate (then take a
> look) followed by maven site:deploy.
>
> - robert

Mark Diggory
Software Developer