commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <>
Subject Re: Cleanup questions from importing email
Date Sun, 28 Nov 2004 23:40:04 GMT
Actually, I was asking earlier to have the permissions adjusted on the
/www/ directory so I could update the
site generation. Steps for building the site are simple.

1.) checkout email
2.) checkout commons-build
3.) go into email and run `maven site:deploy`

Best to use maven on a *nix box or Eclipse for this using Maven in a DOS
  shell seems to never prompt the user for their ssh passwd.

There are dependencies in the xdocs/navigation.xml and your on commons-build. Thats why you need them both present.

As far as building your distributions or running tests, its wise to have
maven do this. As well you can also generate a default build.xml ant
file to do these tasks if you use the `maven ant` task. The nice thing
is that the tasks in this generated build.xml work great with gump and
Craigs nightly build stuff.