commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Migrate to SVN?
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:28:28 GMT
Stephen Colebourne wrote:

>My main reason is that SVN does not appear to be that widely adopted yet. A
>sign that the time has come to migrate would be when Eclipse/Idea ships with
>SVN support built in.

IDEA's current EAP cycle has included support OOTB. I haven't tried it
yet though...

>At the moment, I fear we may just scare off some
>potential users/contributers.

Good point. How much will this affect commons as a whole? Are there any
particular components that are receiving a lot of user contributions?
I personally think they'll figure it out if we have reasonable SVN
documentation to help them out.

The reverse is also true. Folks can now get access to SVN behind a
corporate proxy, where with CVS an SSH tunnel is nearly impossible to
attain and pserver only slightly easier.

Cheers,
Brett