commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <>
Subject Re: Migrate to SVN?
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:28:28 GMT
Stephen Colebourne wrote:

>My main reason is that SVN does not appear to be that widely adopted yet. A
>sign that the time has come to migrate would be when Eclipse/Idea ships with
>SVN support built in.
IDEA's current EAP cycle has included support OOTB. I haven't tried it
yet though...

>At the moment, I fear we may just scare off some
>potential users/contributers.
Good point. How much will this affect commons as a whole? Are there any
particular components that are receiving a lot of user contributions?
I personally think they'll figure it out if we have reasonable SVN
documentation to help them out.

The reverse is also true. Folks can now get access to SVN behind a
corporate proxy, where with CVS an SSH tunnel is nearly impossible to
attain and pserver only slightly easier.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message