commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Migrate to SVN?
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:37:14 GMT
>> The IDEAL situation would be to convert Jakarta Commons to SVN.  Can we
>> PLEASE consider doing so?
>>
>> A lot of projects, including the HTTP Server project, have been
>> migrating,
>> as can be seen from http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.  Jakarta and XML are
>> definitely the laggards now.
>>
>>     --- Noel

+1

If the svn repository is stable, maybe its time. I agree with this idea
because Jakarta Commons is "managed" as a "Project". It would be bad to
have "part here" and "part there". All of the commons should go to svn
at one time. Ideally, I think Apache's move to svn should have been as a
whole in the first place, the whole tree should have been migrated in
one move. Maybe, all Jakarta should be migrated at one time?

-Mark

--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer