commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [general] Updating the Commons common web site
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 03:17:04 GMT
I'd verify that if you upload the tar.gz file to minotaur, tar -zxvf it
and see if it expands properly. Theres no requirement in the site:deploy
method that the file open in Winzip.

`maven site:deploy` will publish the tar to the site on minotaur
appropriately, you do not have to upload it by hand. There are chances
that with newer versions of Maven, that the site build is breaking.

the docs folder is old and I believe the build.xml file in the top level
dir is there because Craig uses it to do nightly builds. I wouldn't
attempt building the site using this file, you end up creating a mess.

-Mark

Martin Cooper wrote:
> The wiki page on promoting projects indicates that certain files need
> to be updated for the Commons common pages, but doesn't indicate how
> to build those pages. I've been trying to figure it out, but my
> attempts have so far failed.
>
> Here's what I tried:
>
> 1) The Maven build in commons-build seems to generate the right HTML
> pages. However, the resulting .tar.gz file doesn't contain those pages
> (and in fact, WinZip thinks it's corrupt). So attempting to deploy
> from there doesn't work.
>
> 2) The 'docs' target in the build file at the top level of Commons
> fails, because it's looking for ./site.vsl, which doesn't appear
> anywhere in the jakarta-commons repo. Also, just looking at the build
> file, it references ../../anakia-project.xml, while that file seems to
> be present as ./anakia-project.xml.
>
> Someone must know how this is supposed to work, since I see that the
> entries for Email and Transaction now show up in the right place. Can
> someone enlighten me as to the correct process (and let me know which
> of the two approaches above are supposed to work, if any, so that I
> can try to fix them or remove them)?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Martin Cooper