commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/jelly project.xml
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 08:02:13 GMT

>I've never understood removing the ability to use a standard XML
>feature. I understand why it would be discouraged, but removing seems
>wrong.

It'll be optional. The parser used without it, I'm told, is an order of
magnitude faster with it turned off. This becomes an issue when things
like transitive dependencies are enabled because there are quite a
number of POMs to parse traversing the dependency tree.

Still, nothing is set in stone.

>Sounds good.
>
>I've reverted to using 1.0.1 anyway as 1.1-SNAPSHOT of maven has issues ATM.

Yep, well it's fairly early in the dev. cycle and a few things in there
are "proof of concept" as much as anything and there is some cleaning up
to do. Still, feel free to file issues if there are blocking problems so
they can be sorted earlier rather than later.

Do you want me to adjust the build, or shall I leave it with you?

Cheers,
Brett