commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver.He...@t-online.de (Oliver Heger)
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/configuration/src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration HierarchicalConfiguration.java
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2004 18:13:19 GMT
Eric Pugh wrote:

>Agreed, missing files should throw ConfigurationException.  However, if we
>add 31797, then it wouldn't.  I would like to see 31797 as I think it would
>help the usability for lots of people.
>
>I am not going to finish my JNDIConfiguration setProperty stuff, I got
>screwed up in it and frustrated, so I ended up working around it.
>
>Eric

The NPE is a bit different from the enhancement 31797 because the former
relates to constructors of file based configurations and the latter is a
new feature of ConfigurationFactory. I will open a new bugzilla ticket
for the NPEs, direct the reporting user to it and provide a fix.

I will then commit my patch for bug 31797.

Oliver