commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver.He...@t-online.de (Oliver Heger)
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/configuration/src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration HierarchicalConfiguration.java
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:02:41 GMT
Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

> Eric Pugh wrote:
>
>> Welcome aboard Oliver!
>>
>> Should we go through the bug list, clean it out and maybe release 1.0.1?
>> Build on the momentum of getting 1.0 out the door?  It would also
>> allow us
>> to have a version released with no deprecated methods...
>>
>> Eric
>

> Welcome :) With many enhancements currently in CVS I think we can even
> plan a 1.1 release. I would like to finish the implementation of
> INIConfiguration for 1.1, but I've no problem postponing it for the
> 1.2 release if you want to push a new release earlier.
>
> Emmanuel Bourg

Thank you, it's a good feeling :)

I think it is a good idea to get out a new release soon. We have indeed
a couple of new features, which would justify a 1.1 release. I had a
look at the bug list, most of the entries are enhancement requests.

I would like to add a save() method to HierarchicalXMLConfiguration (Bug
31130), and I have a solution for 31797 (optional configurations). For
the latter documentation could be updated, too. Which other issues
should be addresed? Maybe 30858, this could confuse users.

There was recently a posting on the user list of somebody who got a NPE
when loading a file based configuration and the specified file does not
exist. I would like to check this; in this case a ConfigurationException
should be thrown.

Something else?

Oliver