commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <>
Subject Re: [configuration] more jakarta in javaworld
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 21:41:33 GMT
Hi Paulo, many thanks for this introduction to commons-configuration ! I
think we may link your article from the [configuration] web site.

Just a minor correction though, the <dom4j> configuration is no longer
used, it has been removed from 1.0 and replaced by <xml>. Also you may
be interested to know that we plan to interpolate the variables directly
in the configuration descriptor (config.xml), thus a single file could
be used for all your environnements. It will look like this :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
   <properties fileName="configuration\${env}\" />
   <properties fileName="configuration\" />
   <xml fileName="configuration\author.xml" />

Emmanuel Bourg

Paulo Caroli wrote:
> Dear developers,
> The following javaworld article uses commons configuration as its
> configuration api.
> It is a pleasure to bring more publicity to this great piece of work.
> Congratulations for your projects and success!
> Paulo

View raw message