commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: [collections] Java5.0 - Runtime exceptions or assertion errors. What's your preference?
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 01:13:09 GMT
It is an accepted usage pattern that assertions are not to be used to
validate method parameters if they are part of the public interface.
They are properly used to check parameters passed to private members
though, but nothing a calling client might send in (where a client isn't
another part of commons for example).

Hope that helps!

--
Frank W. Zammetti