commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [email] dumbster *nix
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 11:03:34 GMT
Eric

I don't have any issues working with dumbster, if indeed it works. Now
I've the dumbster source and I can replicate the same problem running
dumbster tests at least that helps identify the problem. Hopefully
they'll be a head version in cvs that can be patched.

When I get time I'll have a go at getting dumbster to work on
something other than windows.

Having a local smtp server could indeed be seen as an inconvienience
but no more so (and i think less so) than having a java that only runs
on windows. Which is the fly and which the elephant I'm not certain.

To my knowledge commons email is a package that provides a wrapper
around the javamail apis to make them easier to use. smtp.jar is part
of the mail api. Don't get me wrong I like the idea of the dumbster
solution, but the question I'd have to ask you would be "are you
seriously expecting to ask for commons mail to come out of the
sandbox, with unit tests that only run on windows?"

Hopefully dumbster is the solution to all this, and that anyone
wanting to contribute to commons email needs to run windows isn't.

Mark