commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Steps prior to graduating from Sandbox
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 14:54:43 GMT
Well dumpster doesn't work on *nix. That means in my book it doesn't
work. I've got the source but as there appears to be nothing in CVS
its hard to know if thats this current version or not.

I registered with SF but this apparently doesn't allow me to enter
bugs, which is  pretty shit.

With a dumbster not working on sensible platforms, I cant have any
hope of submitting any patches I need, and not being able to run the
test cases makes using commons email too risky. I may as well write my
own mail api wrappers rather than washing out time on SF registrations
and other such self mutilation exercises.

I'm happy to send patches that use the smtp.jar to test, but cant
afford to get bogged down in the dumpster business any longer. Its
introduced more problems than it solves. And the tortured way that SF
want endless registrations, is not inviting me to work on it, there's
no dumbster in CVS so dumbster can byte me as far as i'm concerned. I
want to work on commons email, not dumbster but I cant while this
dependency is there.

Mark