commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Steps prior to graduating from Sandbox
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 20:10:30 GMT
in theory, all that's required is that a component satisfies the
requirements to be a commons component and passes a vote. (the sandbox
is free for people to play in but some sandbox projects should graduate
to somewhere other than the commons.)

in practice, the question is what the consensus amongst commons
committers .

willingness and preparedness for an initial release. this does not need
to be a 1.0, sometimes an API needs time to mature or there are major
features missing and in those cases a 0.x release might be more
appropriate. the aim should be to create an initial release immediately
after promotion.

a healthy community of developers and users, as well as committers.

- robert