commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject [email] rm -r lib/*.jar
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 20:46:50 GMT
Apologies for treading on people's toes here, but I wanted to get the
problem solved quickly, even if it causes a bad build etc. Making sure
we're good licence-wise is crucial.

Craig raised the issue on the PMC list that the email component had
the activation.jar and the javamail.jar in the cvs repository. We're
allowed to ship them in distributions, but not to offer them
separately (correct me if that's wrong somebody?). Having them in CVS
is effectively offering them separately.

I've rm-r'd them on the cvs server and modified the build.xml to do
the same thing the project.xml does; attempt to grab them from ibiblio
and fail. I used rm -r as opposed to cvs remove as they'd still be
available with cvs remove.

Sorry for not just waiting for the main email committers to read
Craig's email from this morning. Given the time of year I'd hate for
it to turn out that the 2 or 3 people most likely to fix it are in the
US and out late at thanksgiving dinners.

Feel free to flame :)

Hen