commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [convert] Type Conversion Library
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:54:44 GMT
It breaks down like this:

You can do what you want with your own copy of any code you send in to
Apache; it's only when you start doing things with code that has been
modified, through Apache, by another contributor/committer that you
have to start worrying a lot. So +1 to releasing your library,
provided it doesn't contain any of the code from Struts, BeanUtils,
Convert etc. If it does; follow the ASL licence and say "This contains
code from Apache..." etc.

I think we're pretty interested in a commons-convert, but those
interested haven't had time to work on it. I continued to use my
variant of commons-convert for a bit on various projects, but have
recently stopped using it and am building again from scratch.

My suggestion is that you release your library on your own and see how
it goes. As long as it's licence compatible (simplest being to use
ASL-2), we'll be very interested in seeing how it goes and probably
all be interested in becoming users of it.

Hen