commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject [general] Website? Re: [Commons websites] not updated recently
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 22:18:51 GMT
I think we should have two websites.

The first is a user-based one and contains information on the latest releases.
The second is a developer-based one and contains information on HEAD
and diff's between the latest release and HEAD.

The second one would be generated nightly, perhaps as part of a
nightly build and would be report-centric. The first would only be
changed on a release, and would be documentation-centric. It should be
much quicker to make changes to than the current one is.

I'd like to multidoc both of them (currently many components don't
have a javadoc for the last release, or in the alternative case, a
javadoc for HEAD) to make it easier to see

I'd also like to decouple the Commons part of the site from all the
release parts. Currently it seems to me that we've coupled the Commons
site itself to the components and it's a pain in the arse. Might have
improved in the last month or so.

Just thoughts that I eternally hope to have time to work on...

Hen