commons-dev mailing list archives

From David Graham <>
Subject Re: [transaction] Promotion possible?
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:10:35 GMT
Sandbox components can not have any official releases.  The way to get out
of the sandbox is to start a VOTE thread and have it pass.

Several commons projects started with just the committers from the source
project (ie. Struts) but have grown a bigger community once out of the
sandbox.  If transaction is broadly useful I don't see any reason it
wouldn't grow a community as well.