commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Updating the Commons common web site
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 03:32:40 GMT
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:17:04 -0500, Mark R. Diggory
<mdiggory@latte.harvard.edu> wrote:
> I'd verify that if you upload the tar.gz file to minotaur, tar -zxvf it
> and see if it expands properly. Theres no requirement in the site:deploy
> method that the file open in Winzip.

Yes, I realise that. However, the .tar.gz file is 45 bytes long. I
really, really doubt that it contains all of the files needed for the
web site... ;-)

> `maven site:deploy` will publish the tar to the site on minotaur
> appropriately, you do not have to upload it by hand. There are chances
> that with newer versions of Maven, that the site build is breaking.

I'm sure that works if you can ever get your keys or whatever it is
set up so that ssh doesn't want to ask for a password. I have never
managed to get that working, and nobody has been able to explain to be
- in plain English - what I need to do to get it working.

Regardless, even if Maven managed to upload the 45 bytes, I still
don't think we'd have the site updated properly. ;-)

> the docs folder is old and I believe the build.xml file in the top level
> dir is there because Craig uses it to do nightly builds. I wouldn't
> attempt building the site using this file, you end up creating a mess.

OK. Do you have any suggestions on how to get the Maven build in
commons-build to create the right .tar.gz for uploading / deploying?

Thanks!

--
Martin Cooper