commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject [general] Updating the Commons common web site
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 23:46:53 GMT
The wiki page on promoting projects indicates that certain files need
to be updated for the Commons common pages, but doesn't indicate how
to build those pages. I've been trying to figure it out, but my
attempts have so far failed.

Here's what I tried:

1) The Maven build in commons-build seems to generate the right HTML
pages. However, the resulting .tar.gz file doesn't contain those pages
(and in fact, WinZip thinks it's corrupt). So attempting to deploy
from there doesn't work.

2) The 'docs' target in the build file at the top level of Commons
fails, because it's looking for ./site.vsl, which doesn't appear
anywhere in the jakarta-commons repo. Also, just looking at the build
file, it references ../../anakia-project.xml, while that file seems to
be present as ./anakia-project.xml.

Someone must know how this is supposed to work, since I see that the
entries for Email and Transaction now show up in the right place. Can
someone enlighten me as to the correct process (and let me know which
of the two approaches above are supposed to work, if any, so that I
can try to fix them or remove them)?

Thanks!

--
Martin Cooper