commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [chain] [VOTE] Release Chain 1.0
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:52:08 GMT
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:28:21 -0800, Don Brown <donald.brown@gmail.com> wrote:
> But why not just release 1.0?  All but Matt seemed quite happy with
> the current API, and as many folks including myself are using it in
> production, I think we should stick to what has proven to work quite
> nicely.

Works for me. Rolling a 1.0 release now makes what we have available
in released form for people using it already, and, as Yoav suggested,
we can tackle the ongoing discussion as a potential enhancement for
Chain 1.1 (preferably in a separate thread with a different subject
line ;).

I count 6 +1s and no other votes at this point, so unless I see a
flurry of -1s in the near future, I'll go ahead and roll the 1.0
release.

--
Martin Cooper

> Don
>

> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:57:07 -0500, Ted Husted <husted@apache.org> wrote:
> > How about if we tag and roll a 0.2.0 "test build" now, so that we have a basis of
comparison.

> > There are applications in play now that are using Chain as it is, and this would
give them something to use while we revisit the API.

> > I think the last thing we want to do is consider significant API changes without
rolling some type of release first.