commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/chain/src/java/org/apache/commons/chain/web/servlet ChainProcessor.java ServletApplicationScopeMap.java ServletHeaderValuesMap.java ServletRequestScopeMap.java ServletSessionScopeMap.java
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 06:07:20 GMT
Quoting Craig McClanahan <craigmcc@gmail.com>:

> I'm a Maven newbie, but it's not obvious to me that the proposed
> change will do what I think we need.  It sounds like this change
> applies the overrides when you *generate* the build.xml file -- so the
> overrides in effect will be for those of the person running the
> generation.

You're right. Sorry, I got the issue of dealing with non-distributable artifacts
and the general ability to override confused.

If you'd like to put together a feature request to file, I'm sure we'd be able
to get someone to take a look.

> Also, which version of Maven will include the fixes listed on this issue?

The plugins are not particularly ties to a general Maven distribution - ie you
could have all of commons depend on a particular newer version of the Ant plugin
which would be released first.

This would probably be 1.1 which is not for a while yet (ie early next year) as
the next general release is only fixing some regressions and there are no others
planned on that branch.

Cheers,
Brett