commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Froehlich <cfa...@folge2.de>
Subject Re: [jelly] documentation on all tags
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:34:47 GMT
Hi Dion,

there seem to be much more info-categories on the individual tag-pages
(e.g.
http://www.apache.org/~dion/jelly/tag-reference/ant_setProperty.html)
than before. As someone who just started using jellydoc, I think this is
really a great improvement. Is there any overview for the categories you
plan to support (with categories I mean  "Home Page", "Attributes",
"Nested Elements"...)

I assume, that jellydoc will still extract the information from the java
source. Or do you plan to use a separate data structure that contains
the documentation for each tag?

Am Dienstag, den 30.11.2004, 20:12 +1100 schrieb Dion Gillard:
> I suppose the issue i was trying to resolve was to provide a single
> place where all the tags could be found, similar to Ant's task list.

What about

Tag Reference
+ All Tags
+ Ant
+ Bean
+ Beanshell

The items on the level beneath "Tag Reference" could either be
expandable too or they could link to a page that list the particular
tags. This way there would be a list with all tags for the overview as
well as smaller lists for more focused access. I think both kind of
access are worth being supported.

Christoph

> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:18:11 +1100, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
> > I think that the navigation should just have the tag libraries listed,
> > and then an overview could contain the full lists?
> >
> > - Brett
> >

> > Dion Gillard wrote:
> >
> > >It's a really long list. I'd be happier if it was in one place only.
> > >
> > >Or did you have some way of summarising it or shortening it?

Jelly website

a little more

> tag at the body

tran