commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/jelly project.xml
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:30:26 GMT
> since the commons moved to maven for documentation (and many build),
> there's been quite a history of pain associated with getting the
> inheritance to work as we'd like.

Yep - a lot of work was needed in this through the 1.0 release candidates.

Is it ok to assume Maven 1.0+ for building?

> brett: if you're around and you think that it should be possible to get
> the inheritance based approach to work now then maybe we could start
> looking at moving the commons in general back onto it.

Sure, I'll try this on Jelly as soon as I get a chance, and look at the broader
commons if everyone is happy with it.

> (my other pet maven peeve is that every release i have to fiddle around
> for ages trying to get commit history related stuff to work correctly
> with an ssh agent.)

This is probably a matter of having changelog use developerConnection (ssh)
instead of connection (pserver) when specified and somehow you tell it you are a
developer.

Cheers,
Brett